POINTILLISM TECHNQUES IN WATERCOLOUR WORKSHOP
TEACHING IS PROFESSIONAL AND ENCOURAGING, THE WORKSHOP WILL SUIT BEGINNERS AS WELL AS EXPERIENCED PRACTITIONERS
Pointillism technique relies on the ability of the eye and mind of the viewer to blend the colour spots into a fuller range of tones. Brunched from the Impressionist this movement was a very popular in the late 19th century. If you would like to work on your colour mixing and learn more about colour theory as well as creating a number of vibrant paintings, then this exciting workshop is not to be missed!
During this workshop:
- You will start from exploring the work of famous artists, such as Georges Seurat, Paul Signac and Van Gogh;
- You will practice how to mix variety of hues, tints and shades of colour (using just blue, red, yellow and black dots) ;
- The colour theory will help you further to combine colours, creating three-dimensional effects, volume and sense of space;
- You will play with colour combinations based on simple shapes/ objects (ideas and samples will be provided);
- You will explore the power of washes as a base layer;
- You will then produce your own watercolour in Pointillists’ style (landscape/ still-life/ portrait).
Suitable for all interested, from complete beginners to those who are more experienced. Would also make a perfect Christmas gift!
Tutor: Julia Borodina is a Russian-born fine artist, who has a passion for colour, loose painting technique and enjoys using impressionistic approaches within her work. Julia holds a BA in fine art from Omsk University, Russia and an MA in painting from The University of Wolverhampton. She has 10 years experience of designing and leading creative workshops specialising in watercolour, acrylic and oil painting. Julia's work has been exhibited at the royal institute of painters in water colours annual exhibition and at The Royal Society of Birmingham Artists. www.juliaborodina.co.uk
Saturday 7th January 2017- Time: 10am - 4pm- Cost: £55 - Course Full
All materials, refreshment sand buffet lunch by Bradshaws of York included
Plenty of one to one - 8 places available - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or if you have any questions - email: email@example.com - office: 09104 270707 - mobile: 07851 299140