DECORATIVE APPROACH OF STILL-LIFE & FLOWER PAINTING (Shirley Trevena)
Discover & Develop Watercolour and Acrylic Painting is an exciting workshop course suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners. During this workshop you will have the opportunity to break the rules of conventional watercolour painting and be inspired by the work of artist Shirley Trevena. In this wonderfully loose way of painting, you shall use a dynamic palette of colours interesting effects.
During this workshop you shall:
- Be encouraged to paint on a flat surface, allowing colour mixture and clean water to create its magic for you;
- Have the opportunity to make your work very personal if you bring some interesting objects if you wish to (a small vase, colourful fabric, oriental plates or possibly some fresh flowers) to construct a small still-life as a reference point. Alternatively, other sources such as, photographs and drawings may also be used;
- Be prepared for some unexpected effects created by using salt, spray bottles, hair driers, sprinkling dust from sanded watercolour pencils and more
- Break rules when planning your composition and designs
- Use masking tape as a crucial painting tool, allowing to combine and contrast different sections of your work
- Create washes over certain completed sections, and rubbings with tissue and sponge, and spontaneous splashes
- Explore the presence of decorative patterns and other elements
- Have the opportunity to focus upon colour and form
Tutor: Julia Borodina is a Russian-born fine artist, who has a passion for colour, loose painting technique and enjoys using impressionistic approaches within her work. Julia holds a BA in fine art from Omsk University, Russia and an MA in painting from The University of Wolverhampton. She has 10 years experience of designing and leading creative workshops specialising in watercolour, acrylic and oil painting. Julia's work has been exhibited at the royal institute of painters in water colours annual exhibition and at The Royal Society of Birmingham Artists. www.juliaborodina.co.uk
Teaching is professional and encouraging and the workshop is suitable for beginners as well as experiences practitioners.
Saturday 18th March 2017- Time: 10am - 4pm- Cost: £55 -All levels welcome - All materials, refreshment sand buffet lunch by Bradshaws of York included - makes a perfect gift. - Plenty of one to one - 4 places available
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or if you have any questions - email: email@example.com - office: 09104 270707 - mobile: 07851 299140