When: Monday 24th September - Monday 22nd October 2018 - (no sessions: Monday 8th October - Phil away)
Session 1: Monday 24th September
Session 2: Monday 1st October
Session 3: Monday 15th October
Session 4: Monday 22nd October
Homework will be set between sessions 2 & 3 to keep the momentum of the course flowing.
Suitable for all levels - All materials and refreshments included (just bring a backed lunch) - Time: 10am - 3pm - Cost: £175 - Course 4 places available
This four week acrylic painting course is a wonderful opportunity to develop your work form the pictorial to abstract expressionism, learning more about the use of acrylics and its mediums (gel, liquid mediums, retarders etc).
During the course you shall:
· Develop abstract works from your own drawings of still life and images
· Explore what makes a successful abstract piece of work
· Explore gesture and mediated mark, structure and chaos as methods to achieve contrast in the picture plane
· Work from monochrome to colour. discussing colour’s effects upon a piece of work using artist and teacher Hans Hoffman teachings.
· Explore the use of collage within the picture plane
· Look at artists such as, Howard Hodgkin, Mark Rothko, Peter Lanyon, Terry Frost, Ivon Hitchens, Ashille Gorky to name a few.
· Develop from paper to canvas and boards as substrates to work on.
This is a structured course but with some backfilling you can miss the odd one.
Phil Reynolds who studied Fine Art at Sheffield Hallam University, graduating in 1997 and has since pursued a career as an artist. He has been exhibiting his work in contemporary galleries throughout the North of England as well as London and Bristol affordable art fairs. Phil's work explores the ground between abstraction and figuration where forms emerge from a fluid use of acrylic paint. His work is both instinctive and keenly observed bringing together raw marks with more mediated responses.
To book a place or if you have any questions please contact Pennie - email: firstname.lastname@example.org office: 01904 651085 mobile: 07851 299140