Stained Glass Workshop with specialist Helen Bower BA (Hons), MA, SPAB Fellow - When: Saturday 13th October- Level: Beginners - All materials and refreshments included (just bring a packed lunch) - Time: 9am - 5pm - Cost: £85 - Only 1 place left
Have you ever felt you would like to learn how to create quality stained glass work and create your own stained glass panel. If so this workshop is just the thing for you. This course will teach you the basic practical techniques enabling you to go on and develop further should you wish to.
During this workshop...
- You will be guided through the techniques of glass cutting, lead shaping, soldering and cementing
- You will have the opportunity to explore using various coloured and textured glass
- You shall construct a leaded panel developing your skills, knowledge and technique
- You shall create your own stained glass panel
- There will be a number of preprepared designs for you to choose to work from
- You will go away with a 220mm x 220mm finished stained glass panel
Taught by Helen Bower, an experienced stained glass professional with a 3Dimensional glass design degree, a Masters in Stained Glass Conservation and Heritage Management and has worked on glass from medieval to modern, at the V&A, York Minster and commercial workshops nationally for over 20 years.
‘I loved it! Helen was a truly excellent teacher. I liked the balance she achieved between the theory and practice - she was well informed and able to convey information in an interesting way.’ - Meg Huby
All materials, tools and refreshments provided - Suitable for beginners. This course is not advised for anyone who may be pregnant due to lead-based products being used. To book a place, for payment details and directions please contact Pennie Lordan on: t: 01904 651085 or m: 07851 299140 e: email@example.com