Bold Still-Life In Experimental Watercolour with artist Julia Borodina - When: Wednesday 27th June 2018 - Time: 10am - 3.00pm - Level: All - All materials & refreshments included (just bring a packed lunch) - Cost: £40 - Limited places available
Break the rules of conventional watercolour painting inspired by Shirley Trevena! You will learn a wonderfully loose way of painting, using a dynamic palette of colours and unique magical effects. This is a workshop opportunity not to be missed! During this workshop you shall discover Trevena’s marvellous innovations.
- To start with you will be encouraged to paint on a flat surface, allowing colour mixture and clean water to create it’s magic for you;
- You can make your work very personal if you bring some interesting objects (a small vase, colourful fabric, oriental plates or possibly some fresh flowers) to construct a small still-life as a reference point. Alternatively, other sources such as, photographs and drawings may also be used;
- Be prepared for some unexpected effects created by using salt, spray bottles, hair driers, sprinkling dust from sanded watercolour pencils and many more;
- You will be breaking rules when planning your composition designs too;
- Masking tape will become a crucial painting tool, allowing to combine and contrast different sections of your work;
- Washes over certain completed sections, rubbings with tissue and sponge, spontaneous splashes will be part of the painting process too;
- Not to forget the presence of decorative patterns and other elements;
- This session could make you oblivious of everything except colour and form.
Tutor: Julia Borodina is a Russian-born fine artist, who has a passion for colour, loose painting technique and enjoys using impressionistic approaches within her work. Julia holds a BA in Fine Art from Omsk University, Russia and an MA in painting from University of Wolverhampton. Julia has 10 years experience of designing and leading creative workshops specialising in watercolour, acrylic and oil painting. Julia's work has been exhibited at The Royal Institute of Painters in the water colours annual exhibition and at The Royal Society of Birmingham Artists. www.juliaborodina.co.uk
When: Wednesday 27th June 2018 - Time: 10am - 3.00pm - Level: All - All materials & refreshments included (just bring a packed lunch) - Cost: £40 - Limited places available
Limited places available. Please get in touch to book a place or if you have any questions. Email:email@example.com office: 01904 651085 mobile: 07851 299140