Colour Study Acrylic Painting Workshop 1 - Make your own colour study booklet theory day
When: Monday 30th July - Time: 10am - 3pm - All materials and refreshments are provided (just bring a packed lunch) - Level: Suitable for all levels, from complete beginners to experienced painters - Cost: £40
Most people think about exciting pure hues when they think of colour, but the key to colour is knowing when and how to use them to make a real impact. This workshop will be based on the traditional colour theory, exploring the mechanisms of the colour wheel. You will learn how to tell which primary colours are the "correct" primaries to use when mixing your palette, you will recap about colour tone (value) and impotence of analogous and contrasting values.
During the first day of the workshop you will collect a book full of valuable studies, notes and painting sketches. Here are some examples of the tasks:
- Produce your Value Intensity Colour Wheel;
- Embrace using a limited colour scheme to create vibrant, colour-filled paintings (Monochromatic Colour Scheme);
- Mix various colour combinations: analogous colours, colour families and complementary colours;
- Investigate how the different triad colour schemes work, as well as how to create neutral tones from it, and showing how emphasizing different colours within the triad will change the mood and tone of a painting;
- Discover the semi-neutrals and the neutrals at the heart of studies on "colour." It's not just about Payne's Grey or Black, it's all about mixing neutrals from the pure hues in your palette so you have luminous neutrals full of life;
- Practice to use toned paper and glazes of colour to unify your paintings;
- Explore Colour foundations and different ways to apply paint: Glaze, Pre-mix, Transparent to Opaque, Lifting and Charge.
Tutor: Julia Borodina is a Russian-born fine artist, who has a passion for colour, loose painting technique and enjoys using impressionistic approaches within her work. Julia holds a BA in Fine Art from Omsk University, Russia and an MA in painting from University of Wolverhampton. Julia has 10 years experience of designing and leading creative workshops specialising in watercolour, acrylic and oil painting. Julia's work has been exhibited at The Royal Institute of Painters in the water colours annual exhibition and at The Royal Society of Birmingham Artists. www.juliaborodina.co.uk
COLOUR STUDY ACRYLIC PAINTING 1st WORKSHOP
(Create your own colour study booklet)
When: Monday 30th July - Time: 10am - 3pm - All materials and refreshments are provided (just bring a packed lunch) - Level: Suitable for all levels, from complete beginners to experienced painters - Cost: £40 (Both workshops can be attended together as a mini course or as individual workshops)