Tutor: Julia Borodina
Wednesday 2nd October 2019 • 10:00 am - 3:00pm • £50.00
Suitable for all levels • All materials and refreshments included - (just bring a packed lunch).
During this workshop you will delve into the technique admired by a number of artists, such as John Piper,
Picasso, Andy Warhol, Ptolemy Dean and many other illustrators and designers:
• Learn through exploratory investigation, play and the introduction of specific approaches when using shapes,
colours, lines and textures. You will develop work ranging from decorative and abstract to representational and
realistic, creating short and long studies. Teaching is informal and encouraging.
• Work from observation and your own photos/sketches, alternatively imagery will be provided as a starting point
• Explore a hands on experience of Watercolour and Ink technique will allow you to experiment with colour, quality
of line and composition, enabling you to expand upon your own powers of artistic self-expression
• Dive into experimental mark making and sketching with a variety of tools
• Indulge into using fine lines with watercolour – central theme is ‘Cities/ Buildings
• Create a mood and spectacular atmosphere through Monochromatic landscapes
• Discover the advantages of permanent and impermanent ink
• Work from observation and from your imagination.
Julia Borodina is a Fine Artist trained in Russia and the UK. Her main themes are landscapes and townscapes and has exhibited work at the Annual Exhibition of Royal Society of Painters in Water Colour, the Royal Society of Marine Artists and the Annual Exhibition of Society of Women Artists at the Mall Galleries in London, Royal Society of Birmingham Artists and many other British Galleries. https://www.juliaborodina.co.uk
To book a place (or if you have any questions) please contact Pennie and let us know the course or workshop you would like to book on and we shall then send you payment details to send a bank transfer or cheque:
tel: 07851 299140
Terms and conditions: A 50% deposit is required to book a place on any course or workshop with the balance due the week before the start date. In the unlikely event we have to cancel a course or workshop you deposit will be returned to you in full. Should you have to cancel a your place on a workshop or course, your deposit will be returned to you or transferred to another course if your cancellation is 7 days or more before the commencement of the courses or workshop. If less than 7 days notice is given the deposit is non refundable unless we can fill your place in which case it shall be returned to you.